A step-by-step tutorial that takes the student through a gene identification problem in a chimpanzee BAC sequence using predictions from a gene prediction program (Genscan), the UCSC Browser and BLAST.
Archived Curriculum This curriculum is no longer being actively maintained by the GEP Curriculum Committee.
Chimp BAC Analysis: Genes and Pseudogene
- Last Reviewed: December 23, 2021
- Last Updated: December 23, 2021
- Wilson Leung
- Created: June 19, 2006
- Curriculum Section: Gene Annotation
- Curriculum Type: Lesson
- Target Audience: Intermediate Student
- NIBLSE Competencies: C4
- Topic Tags: Gene Finding, Pseudogene
- Tool Tags: BLAST, Genscan, UCSC Genome Browser