This video provides a 50-minute talk on our motivation and progress for the F Element “expansion” Project. The talk briefly introduces the
- C-value paradox (2 slides);
- the need to silence repeats (3 slides);
- basic chromatin structure (3 slides);
- heterochromatin and the F Element (6 slides);
- mapping the F Element in D. melanogaster for repeats and heterochromatin structure (10 slides);
- examining the Transcription Start Site, looking for regulatory motifs (6 slides);
- describing the “F Element expansion” project and our initial findings (8 slides).
The slide set used in the video is provided as a PowerPoint (automatic download) and a PDF Handout using the buttons below.