Dr. Marian Kaehler (Luther College), in collaboration with Jacob Jibb, has written an annotation lab. This lab will ask students to annotate a gene from the D. erecta genome.
Archived Curriculum This curriculum is no longer being actively maintained by the GEP Curriculum Committee.
Genomic Annotation Lab Exercise
- Last Reviewed: August 20, 2010
- Last Updated: August 20, 2010
- Marian Kaehler
- Created: August 20, 2010
- Curriculum Section: Gene Annotation
- Curriculum Type: Lesson with Exercises
- NIBLSE Competencies: C4
- Topic Tags: Gene Finding, Similarity Search, Splicing
- Tool Tags: BLAST, Ensembl, FlyBase, UCSC Genome Browser