This document contains advice on the factors that students should consider when designing PCR primers to resolve gaps and low quality regions. The document also includes the specific search parameters students should use to minimize the chance of off-target priming when designing PCR primers.
Archived Curriculum This curriculum is no longer being actively maintained by the GEP Curriculum Committee.
PCR Primer Selection Guide
- Last Reviewed: May 19, 2016
- Last Updated: May 19, 2016
- Chris Shaffer
- Created: May 19, 2016
- Curriculum Section: Sequence Improvement
- Curriculum Type: Project Resource
- Topic Tags: PCR, Primer Design, Sanger Sequencing