This document describes the naming conventions used by NCBI. Students can use these naming conventions to quickly evaluate the type and the reliability of the sequences in the NCBI database.
Archived Curriculum This curriculum is no longer being actively maintained by the GEP Curriculum Committee.
GenBank Accession Number Reference Sheet
- Last Reviewed: December 20, 2021
- Last Updated: December 20, 2021
- Wilson Leung
- Created: January 6, 2007
- Curriculum Section: Gene Annotation
- Curriculum Type: Reference
- NIBLSE Competencies: C8
- Topic Tags: Genomic Database
- Tool Tags: GenBank