Dr. Julie Emerson (Amherst College) has developed a simple introduction to the GEP annotation project for the 2012 ABLE conference. This set of documents provides an overview of the GEP’s scientific and educational goals and then goes through examples of how GEP materials are being utilized at multiple colleges and universities, focusing on gene annotation in an introductory biology course at Amherst College.
Archived Curriculum This curriculum is no longer being actively maintained by the GEP Curriculum Committee.
Gene Annotation using GEP Tools
- Last Reviewed: October 3, 2012
- Last Updated: October 3, 2012
- Julie Emerson
- Created: October 3, 2012
- Curriculum Section: Gene Annotation
- Curriculum Type: Lesson with Exercises
- Target Audience: Beginning Student
- NIBLSE Competencies: C4
- Topic Tags: Gene Finding, Splicing
- Tool Tags: BLAST, Gene Model Checker, Gene Record Finder, UCSC Genome Browser