One of the main tools used to verify the correctness of a genome assembly is comparison of an in-silico restriction digest to the real restriction digest data generated by the WU Genome Center. This document also covers how students can use the restriction digest data early in the assembly process to determine the number of copies of repeats in a given cluster or to estimate gap sizes.
Archived Curriculum This curriculum is no longer being actively maintained by the GEP Curriculum Committee.
Restriction Digests: A Tool to Check Your Findings
- Last Reviewed: January 27, 2005
- Last Updated: January 27, 2005
- Bob Fulton
- Created: January 27, 2005
- Curriculum Section: Sequence Improvement
- Curriculum Type: Lesson
- Topic Tags: Finishing Strategy, Restriction Digest
- Tool Tags: Consed