Developed by Dr. Anya Goodman (California Polytechnic State University) and Dr. James Youngblom (California State University Stanislaus), this computer laboratory is designed to introduce students to the analysis of DNA sequences and to the effects of bioinformatics on access to health information by scientists, doctors, and the general public.
Archived Curriculum This curriculum is no longer being actively maintained by the GEP Curriculum Committee.
The Human Genome and Personalized Medicine
- Last Reviewed: July 7, 2013
- Last Updated: July 7, 2013
- Anya Goodman, James Youngblom
- Created: July 7, 2013
- Curriculum Section: Gene Annotation
- Curriculum Type: Lesson with Exercises
- NIBLSE Competencies: C4, C9
- Topic Tags: Genotype, Phenotype, Polymorphism, Similarity Search
- Tool Tags: BLAST