Students use the HIV Problem Space on the BioQuest BEDROCK Website to investigate whether a specific HIV mutation can be correlated with a decline in immune system function. In order to perform this analysis, students must generate and analyze multiple sequence alignments of HIV sequences generated from the ALIVE study.
Archived Curriculum This curriculum is no longer being actively maintained by the GEP Curriculum Committee.
Investigating a Mutation in HIV-1
- Last Reviewed: June 1, 2006
- Last Updated: June 1, 2006
- April Bednarski, Anton E. Weisstein, Sam Donovan
- Created: June 1, 2006
- Curriculum Section: Gene Annotation
- Curriculum Type: Lesson with Exercises
- NIBLSE Competencies: C4
- Topic Tags: Multiple Sequence Alignment, Similarity Search