This module introduces students to the UCSC Genome Browser. After completing this module students will be able to navigate to a genomic region and to control the display setting for different evidence tracks. Additionally, students will be able to explain the relationships among DNA, pre-mRNA, and protein.
Module 1. Introduction to the Genome Browser: What is a gene?
- Last Reviewed: December 31, 2022
- Last Updated: December 31, 2022
- Joyce Stamm
- Created: September 23, 2015
- Curriculum Section: Gene Annotation
- Curriculum Type: Lesson with Exercises
- Target Audience: Beginning Student
- NIBLSE Competencies: C5
- Topic Tags: Exons, Introns, Open Reading Frame, Translation
- Tool Tags: Evidence Track, UCSC Genome Browser