Developed by Dr. Jeremy Buhler, this exercise uses MEME to discover putative regulatory motifs in a collection of D. melanogaster promoter sequences. It also illustrates some of the challenges associated with motif finding and the limitations of motif finding programs.
Archived Curriculum This curriculum is no longer being actively maintained by the GEP Curriculum Committee.
Behavior and Limitations of Motif Finding
- Last Reviewed: December 24, 2021
- Last Updated: December 24, 2021
- Jeremy Buhler
- Created: June 26, 2015
- Curriculum Section: Bioinformatics
- Curriculum Type: Lesson with Exercises
- Target Audience: Advanced Student
- NIBLSE Competencies: C2
- Topic Tags: Motif Finding, Subtle Motif
- Tool Tags: MAST, MEME, Tomtom