This fosmid from Drosophila virilis assembles into a single contig (a green clone). In this exercise, students will need to identify regions in the assembly where additional data is needed and design additional sequencing reactions to bring the contig up to quality standards.
Archived Curriculum This curriculum is no longer being actively maintained by the GEP Curriculum Committee.
A Simple Drosophila Fosmid
- Last Reviewed: July 29, 2012
- Last Updated: July 29, 2012
- Andrew Nylander, William Barshop, Wilson Leung
- Created: August 16, 2007
- Curriculum Section: Sequence Improvement
- Curriculum Type: Walkthrough
- Topic Tags: Green Clone, Sanger Assembly
- Tool Tags: Consed