This fosmid from Drosophila virilis assembles into three contigs (a yellow clone). In this exercise, students must generate a final assembly by closing a gap, dealing with a mis-assembly, and improving low quality regions. Snapshots of the different stages of the assembly are stored as separate ace files.
Archived Curriculum This curriculum is no longer being actively maintained by the GEP Curriculum Committee.
A Complex Drosophila Fosmid
- Last Reviewed: July 29, 2013
- Last Updated: July 29, 2013
- Andrew Nylander, William Barshop, Wilson Leung
- Created: August 16, 2007
- Curriculum Section: Sequence Improvement
- Curriculum Type: Walkthrough
- Topic Tags: Sanger Assembly, Yellow Clone
- Tool Tags: Consed