Students use two different protocols, one based on sequence analysis and one based on biochemistry, to determine the identity of an unknown bacterial strain.
Archived Curriculum This curriculum is no longer being actively maintained by the GEP Curriculum Committee.
Identifying Unknown Bacteria Using Biochemical and Molecular Methods
- Last Reviewed: June 1, 2006
- Last Updated: June 1, 2006
- April Bednarski, Robert Kranz, Kathleen Weston-Hafer, Eric Richards
- Created: June 1, 2006
- Curriculum Section: Gene Annotation
- Curriculum Type: Lesson with Exercises
- Topic Tags: 16S rRNA, Differential Growth Test, PCR
- Tool Tags: BLAST